Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Volomir's Blog 2008-2013

It was the year 2008. Working as an intern in university, we did research and development on new technologies around the Internet. We were particularly interested in social networks and the blogosphere, and because of that, I thought that I should have a blog of mine, to be able to better understand the whole picture. Obviously, it had to be themed around my miniatures, a life lasting passion that I started to take seriously in 2006. At first it was supposed to be a very simple gallery.

It is now the year 2013. The blog still says on the main page “This is my little space in the internet. I will keep photos of my figures, things that catch my attention and other stupid things.” Five years after it's creation, I am still true to that phrase, but the blog has grown to be something I never expected.



Time passes by so quickly! I was so busy that I didn't even have time to prepare something great for this very important birthday. 5 years of the blog! What an experience!

It's been 5 years of miniature photos, 5 years of miniature creation processes, 5 years of tutorials, 5 years of events, 5 years of contests, 5 years of friends...


5 years older, wiser, better looking... but the passion for what we do is the same!

And five years of YOU guys! Readers of this blog, this is YOUR celebration! Because YOU make the blog worthwhile!


Who knows what the future will bring! Where will WE be in 5 years?

Cheers to 5 more years! And even better than these!

10 comments:

Russ said...

Congratulations on your first 5 years! from WarhammerGateway :)
I'm looking forward to another 5 years of hobby fun.
cheers, Russ

Rafael García Marín said...

Thank you Russ!!! I will make sure the next 5 years are better than the previous ones! :D

Inkub said...

Congratulations and all the best in next 5....0 years of blogging:)

-Matt Cexwish- said...

Congratulations, my Friend! :) Have another great 50 Years of this Blog at least! :)

Tuffskull said...

Congratulations, my blog is only 1 year old but I can understand your feeligs! Greetz Florian

Alskayer said...

Happy blogday Volomir ;)
Hope to see your art and blog live an grow again over the years !
Alskayer.

Rafael García Marín said...

Thank you all!!! :D

Roman aka jar said...

Congratz, my friend! Five years of massive Volomir!

Toosh said...

Congratulations on hitting the 5 years mark! I really enjoy the blog and the great Step-by-step tutorials and WIPs you do.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

T

PS It was nice to finally meet you at GD UK, albeit briefly :)

Corvus said...

Well done sir, I always like reading your blog: useful articles, strong opinions, nice :)