Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Charity painting collaboration with Lamenter (Master of the Forge)

I'm sure you know this website:


If you don't... what are you waiting for??

I've always loved Simon's work. He has an extraordinary ability to sculpt and convert Space Marines trying to make them look more proportioned and real life like. And I've always wanted to paint some of his pieces. So I emailed him and we arranged a little collaboration project in which he will sculpt some Space Marines and I will paint them. The first of them is going to be this little marvel:




I will paint this wonderful miniature and hopefully I will have time to show you pics of the process. When I finish it, we will put the miniature on auction and we will donate all the money obtained from the sale.

Choosing where to donate the money is always very difficult, so Simon decided. He got the dog he owns now from that animal rescue centre and he really feels the work they do there is very important. This is a cause that is very close to his heart. And I am totally in favour! So that's where we will be donating:

Birmingham Dogs Home

Link to the eBay space for donations for this centre

So we will keep you posted about all the process. I'm sure it will turn out to be a great miniature and I hope we can raise a lot of money for the centre!

PS: The friends from "La Taberna de Laurana" published an interview they did to me on their blog. Check it out, we talk about some interesting stuff! (in spanish unfortunately for some)

Link to interview

1 comment:

Lycanthropica said...

Wow that is amazing, can't wait for it to be more amazing after you paint it! So great to do it for a pet charity! Good on you guys!